It Takes a Village: Our Volunteers in Action
We cannot exist without the support from the hundreds of volunteers and donors we have who help us in a variety of ways throughout the year! We have continued collaborations with our wonderful fellow community agencies and have started some new ones! Here is an overview of our main collaborators, donors of time, talent, in-kind support, and volunteer groups. This list is far from complete as we have many people who do so much behind the scenes and don't want the credit. We THANK all of you from the bottom of our hearts! Below at left, Pennsylvania State Senator Andy Dinniman spends some time with the children after presenting a donation.
Christmas joy courtesy of Delaware Valley Children's Charity - and Santa!
- We now have some children from The ARC come and join our kindergarten class two times a week and we are looking to expand this program even further in the coming year.
- CTDI – Community Test Design Inc. sponsored our first annual 5K run/2K walk along with A.J.Rolands Inc, Acme, Giant and our fabulous BOARD of DIRECTORS!!
- The Salvation Army always thinks of us and provides us with many needed items whenever they can.
- We are extremely fortunate to continue our relationship with West Chester University and provide field placements and observations for their Education and Psychology Departments in addition to having many groups/sororities/fraternities volunteer to sing and read or complete hours for their community service requirement (WCAEYC, SOUS, Kappa Delta Pi, Volunteer Program, Phi Mu Alpha)
- Fame Fire Company does a fire safety demonstration and shows off their awesome yellow firetrucks!
- The Westtown School students are here throughout the year to help with the school-age students and provide homework help and one-on-one assistance.
- The Delaware Valley Children's Charity provided gifts for 150 children!!
- Our 50th Anniversary Event was made possible due to Twin Brook Winery, Limoncello Ristorante, Nonna's Restaurant, Carlino's, Novick Brothers, Tynan Consultants, and of course our Board and The Chester County Historical Society!
- Bagged Lunches & breakfasts, reading/books and hats & gloves donated by PennWood Elementary School CCAPS, General Wayne Elementary School, New Century Club of West Chester and Gateway Internal Medicine of West Chester.
- The Chester County Food Bank has provided fresh fruits and vegetables in addition to MANY food supplies for our families in need and to offset high food costs.
- Chester County Library comes monthly to read to our children and lends us bags of books.
- Special Thanks to First Niagara Bank and the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce for their fabulous donation from the Jingle Elf Run held in December!
- NGA (Needlework Guild of America) continues to provide us with needed items for our children like sheets, bathing suits, underwear, socks and diapers.
- Free screenings for our children provided by The Lions Club (eyes), Chester County Health Dept (for lead), and Mobile Dentists (teeth)
- UNITED WAY continues to be our biggest supporter and Siemens participates in their Day of Caring by faithfully coming every year to help out and we also had a volunteer from Transamerica who read to our kids for their United Way Day of Caring!
How can you help?