Volunteers at the Center
Volunteers are essential to the WCADCC. Our Board of Directors are all volunteers committed to supporting our mission of providing high-quality childcare, especially to those with the greatest financial need. Please contact us if you are interested in serving on our Board.
We have historically partnered with many agencies and companies who are looking to give back to their community, including United Way of Chester County’s Day of Caring. In the past, these volunteers have included Siemens, Sartomer, CTDI, Portescap, and many others. If your company or organization would like to do a volunteer project with the WCADCC, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
We also accept community service volunteers who need to complete hours for a court-ordered offense as long as the offense is in no way related to any violent crime. These volunteers have no contact with the children whatsoever. The work would be strictly limited to helping around the center with cleaning, sanitizing, or doing outside yard work.
Must be 16 years old at a minimum. All of our volunteers (on-going volunteers or field students) must complete the following:
- criminal background check
- FBI background check through DHS
- child abuse clearance
- NSOR Verification form
- medical clearance - obtain our form at the front desk - must certify that you are free from communicable diseases and able to work in a child care setting
- negative tuberculosis (TB) test report, including date given and date read
- proof of age
- mandated reporting training (reportabusepa.pitt.edu)
- signed disclosure statement (on your first day)
On Your First Day
- Bring your ID
- Sign in at the front desk on the visitor/volunteer log
- Sign your disclosure statement
- Get your badge to wear on site
Park in the lot near the train tracks; a visitor parking pass is available at the front desk
- No phones permitted to be out while in the vicinity of the children
Questions? Contact us at 610-696-8447